School Office is Closed for Summer
June 19th-August 6th
Re-Opening for 2019/2020 School Year registration August 2nd
Due to Online Registration there will be no Walk-Through Registration Day.
Tentative Class Assignments will be available on ParentVue after 5pm on
Monday August 12th
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION:
Summer Registration Help
will be at District Office
5715 Musick Ave, June 24th-July 31st-
8:00am to 4:00pm.
Kennedy Sports data: Title IX Data 2019-2020 School Year
COFFEE WITH THE PRINCIPAL
Join Miss Hughes the first Wednesday of every month in Room 18 for coffee and pastries, from 8:15 AM – 9:00 AM. Learn about things going on at Kennedy, ways you can be involved and engage in conversation the principal and other parents. Please sign in at the office before attending.
ENGLISH LEARNER ADVISORY COMMITTEE (ELAC)
Wednesday, October 18th
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
District Office Training Room
5715 Musick Ave.
The purpose of the ELAC is to advise the principal and staff on bilingual programs and services to ELL students
The ELAC goals are:
- Develop and ensure full implementation of effective programs for English Learners
- Ensure that all English Learners make annual progress to access and master the English language
- Decrease the risk of failure, retention, and drop-outs
- Strengthen parent involvement and engagement in their children’s education
- Increase EL participation in advanced academic programs and enrichment opportunities
- Engage English Learners in meaningful cultural, social, and academic activities.
Kennedy Voices Website
Find Kennedy Elementary Info on Facebook or Twitter @ Kennedynusd
REGISTRATION GUIDELINES 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
If you have a child turning 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019, he/she is eligible for Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. If your child turns 5 between September 2 and December 31, 2019 they are eligible for the Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Program. Information for this program below.
Registration will be online. (Website link coming soon)
New Students will need:
- Proof of residency- NUSD requests any two of the following; current mortgage statement,rental/lease agreement, tax papers/W2, PG&E or water bill, property tax statement, pay stub, correspondence from a government agency. Checks and drivers license will not be accepted.
- Original Birth Certificate or Passport (certificate of live birth from the county of birth not a hospital certificate.)
- Immunization records that include (no exemptions, unless medical and certified physician documentation is provided, see SB277 law
* Polio – 4 doses
* DTaP/DPT– 5 doses (last dose after the age of 4)
* Measles,Mumps,Rubella/MMR– 2 doses (one dose after the age of 1)
* Hepatitis B-3 doses
* Varicella/Chicken Pox – 2 dose
* Test for TB – Tuberculin Skin Test, need to have-
* the date the test was given
* the date the test was read
* the result of the TB test
If the Doctor deems the TB not necessary, we must have a signed statement from Doctor stating that a screening was done and that the child has “No Risk Factors”
* TK & Kindergarten students, a physical examination from a physician performed after February 19, 2019. This must include a complete health history, complete physical exam that may include blood and urine test.
* Oral Health Assessment per Ed. Code Section 49452.8, which requires TK, Kindergarten and 1st grade students submit proof of an oral health assessment performed by a licensed dentist. This exam must be done after February 19, 2019.
* Registration packet – district and federal forms filled out and returned
After all registration requirements are met your child be enrolled in NUSD/John. F. Kennedy Elementary School.
For any further questions please feel free to call the school office at 510-818-3400.
Information regarding Child Care please go to: